My little sister, Rachel, who's almost 13 , got a second degree burn a few weeks ago. It happened out of nowhere, one minute we are enjoying our morning and the next thing we know she's rushed to the Emergency Room. It happened when she was boiling hot water for her tea and it accidentally spilled. We never would have thought something like this would have happened, but it just proves that you need to be super careful when dealing with anything hot (especially tea water.)
She was taken to the emergency room after an hour and a half spent with cold running water on the burn. We didn't have transportation at the time, so the ambulance was kind enough to come and give her a ride to the hospital. Thank God it wasn't anything fatal, but at the time it felt like it.
She was in extensive pain, so bad that it was difficult to change shirts. Her upper-leg and stomach got the most damage, and she now has a 2nd degree burn there. She's in a lot of pain, but she's healing. The doctor gave her pain medicine and she has to wear a gauze and creme. She's getting better. She had to stay in bed for a few days and rest. She's able to walk now and do regular things, and luckily the burn is healing up. It's still bad but with time it will heal. Lats week we went to the Children's hospital (once every other week she goes for her therapy).
Here are some photos we took during the holidays.
I will keep you updated on her progress as much as possible, and thank you for your caring thoughts and prayers. She is getting much better and her burn is healing nicely so she should be in great shape soon. The Tabby Cat Club is hosting a special event in which we remember our loved ones, and I want to take some special time to honour and remember all of our loved ones.